Did you miss PlacentaCon? Watch the sessions from your home!
Only $75 for over 4 hours of excellent education.
Schedule of Events
We have a terrific lineup of speakers, presenting information on a variety of topics:
- Maryn Taylor and Maria Pokluda, of Dallas Ft. Worth Placentas, gave a great presentation on running a placenta-based business.
- Sara Harkness from Sacred Postpartum shared ways in which we can honor the placenta.
- Laura Gryder from UNLV shared data from the Placenta vs. Placebo research study on iron and its effect on women in the postpartum period.
- Patricia Edmonds, midwife and author of Placenta: A Guide to Examination (aka, the Placenta Bible) gave us a detailed demonstration on placenta anatomy and examination.
- Michelle Escasa-Dorne from University of Colorado shared her research on women’s fluctuating libido and its adaptive functioning during postpartum recovery.
- Sharon Young, UNLV Human Maternal Placentophagy researcher shared some interesting points from the UNLV Placenta vs. Placebo research study.
- Dr. Daniel Benyshek attended and participated in our Research Panel at the end to answer questions about the UNLV Placenta vs. Placebo research study.
PlacentaCon was a fundraiser for Ibu Robin Lim and the Bumi Sehat Foundation. Portions of ticket sales, as well as a full Art Auction Benefit went toward supporting their clinic in Bali, which provides donation-only health care to Indonesia’s poorest residents.
* We raised $500 at PlacentaCon!